May 9, 2005

At least they didn't add four exclamation points like some web sites would've

"New York Times to Start a Blog" — Headline on front page of The Huffington Post

"An internal committee at The New York Times has recommended steps to increase readers' confidence in the newspaper, including reducing errors, increasing coverage of religion, "rural areas" and "middle America," making reporters and editors more accessible, and possibly starting a blog." — from the Editor & Publisher article the Huffington Post headline links to [emphasis added]

"You should consider the possibility that everything on this site is a lie." — from James Pinkerton's first post at The Huffington Post

Posted by Daniel Radosh


Out of everything listed there, I'd say "reducing errors" would go about 75% of the way- everything else wouldn't begin to touch the remaining 25%.

Post a comment

Powered by
Movable Type 3.2